So what are you? The glass is half full or the glass is half empty kind of guy or gal? For me, that question is easy… it’s always half full. I really don’t even get why you would choose half empty when you could choose half full. Would you choose sad when you could choose happy?
Yes, life can be rough and cruel at times, but there’s always something to be grateful for. I say be grateful for what you have right now, today… it could be worse. Put on your rain boots and splash in the puddles if it’s going to rain. For every bad thing that happens, you can find a good thing… which reminds me why I brought this up. Yesterday, when going to through some books I found something that said, you have permission to complain about something three times, then throw it away. Nobody wants to be around a complainer and you shouldn’t surround yourself with negativity from others or yourself.
I think there are three things you can do to become a positive and ultimately, happier person…
- Smile. Smile to yourself, smile to your family, smile to your friends… smile to strangers. Even if you don’t feel like it.
- Balance every negative comment that comes out of your mouth with a positive one. As I said earlier, no one likes a complainer… eventually, people will run from you. Don’t be that person. If something is bothering you, fine – talk about it, but then balance it with something positive. Every single time.
- Be grateful. Even on the worst of all days, you can find something to be grateful for. Before you go to bed, write down or say out loud three things you are grateful for about that day. This is a life-changer.
- Do something nice for someone you know or a stranger every single day. It can be as simple as holding a door open for someone or telling them they look beautiful. It’s amazing how good it will make you feel.
- At the end of the day, give yourself a hug and remind yourself that you are a good person, valuable and worthwhile… because you are.
PS. Holding tight at 14 lbs lost in 21 days. Ugh. I am grateful for losing those 14 pounds 🙂
To start at the beginning… click here!